Re: <font color="blue"> (was ISSUE-32)

Shelley Powers wrote:
> Lachlan, you misread my statement. I was referring to elements that have
> been made obsolete in the HTML5, or that have never existed. The
> "non-conforming" elements. It was a general statement.

I was responding to this statement of yours, which seemed to indicate
that you thought the font element must not be supported.  Sorry if I've
misunderstood.

"According to the HTML 5 spec, FONT could then be non-conformant, which
means, if I read the HTML 5 spec correctly, user agents _must not_
support the element."

> As for font element, I see the section on rendering, but I can't find
> the parsing section. Do you have a direct link? I looked to see if it
> was still deprecated, but just can't find anything about this.

Search this section for occurrences of "font".  This is the multipage
version, so it shouldn't crash your browser like the single page.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/syntax.html#parsing-main-inbody

Or, here's the single page W3C version.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/#parsing-main-inbody

--