RE: Firing media events early for throttled downloads

Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I would therefore also encourage browser vendors to have a setting
> that lets you manipulate autoplay settings from authors to:
> * always
> * never
> * when visible
> * never, except for on specific whitelisted sites
> * always, but not on specific blacklisted sites
> * only if I referred from same site
>
> I think these options as discussed so far make a lot of sense.
>
> However, I am not sure if such a list should go into the standard or
> be more of a recommendation to browser vendors...

Given that HTML5 is "... A vocabulary and associated APIs..." it makes
perfect sense (to me) to put something like that in the spec. Relying on
third party plugins for such an import consideration seems somehow wrong
to me, as this affects many types of users.

JF