Re: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 17:06:24 +0200
To: "Shelley Powers" <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Cc: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:58:51 +0200, Shelley Powers
<shelleyp@burningbird.net> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> The solution to that is a better layout mechanism provided by CSS.
>> However, that will likely take several more years.
>
> Ten years do you think?

Given that CSS2 turned out to be a longer than decade effort, is still not
done, and we're still not quite sure how to do grid/flex layouts to start
with (nor how they work together with the box model), ten years to be
completely done with everything might be considered optimistic by some ;-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/