value of IRC conversations [was: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary]

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:45:26 +0900
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, 2009-06-05 08:52 -0500:

>  All in all, the IRC discussion was very informative. I know that IRC isn't
>  necessarily 100% accessible, and not altogether easy to use, but I would
>  recommend that other folks jump into the #whatwg discussions to ask more
>  direct questions in the future. It's not the proper venue to make decisions,
>  but it is a good place to address some misunderstandings, and find out
>  additional info.

I'd recommend it also.

Just as a reminder about the IRC details: The two main places for
HTML5 IRC discussions are the #whatwg channel on irc.freenode.net,
and the #html-wg channel on irc.w3.org, port 6665 or port 80.

Note also that there are Web-based IRC clients like Mibbit that
help in making IRC a little easier to use.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/