Re: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary

Le 5 juin 2009 à 21:00, Jonas Sicking a écrit :
> I firmly believe that developers are who they are. We cannot make them
> smarter, or restrict HTML creation to only smart people.

For promoting best practices, there is often a need of *immediate*
Return On Investment. All browsers should be delivered in two versions
(We are reaching this little by little):
	* Developer
	* Public
The Developer version would spot some missing things in the *UI*
(visibility/proximity = action).

Another (missed?) possibility is browsers being real editors. That
opens a huge horizon of rich interactions. I had the luck to work for
8 years in a structure where the Web pages could be edited wysiwyg
without having to switch to another tool (editor), a form, etc. Server
and client where handling the HTTP PUT.

This, though, need better cooperation and work with server crowds.
Unfortunately, I do not see a lot of love between people from Apache
and IIS working on the development of HTML *and* HTTP together.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada