Re: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary

At 18:00  -0700 5/06/09, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>If we in over a decade haven't been able to get people to use and
>understand @summary, then IMHO something is wrong with the spec. Or is
>there some reason to believe that we'll be more successful in the next
>decade to get people to use and understand @summary correctly?

I think a number of people are beginning to wonder whether we'll ever
get good adoption and good efficacy if features (like summary) are
only used by, visible to, checkable by, people with conformance
needs.  If a feature is essentially invisible to the average web
author, there is a very god chance they'll never check their work in
taht area -- and therefore, often get it wrong.

So, if the spec. said that summary must be shown in a tooltip or the
like, perhaps they'd realize that pid16272 is not terribly helpful...
:-(

have a great weekend, everyone...
--
David Singer