RE: Firing media events early for throttled downloads

I believe that the spec. says that auto-play is (a) advisory and (b)
the user should be in control of whether and when and how the advice
is taken.

If it doesn't say that, it should.  The UA could be put, for example,
in a mode such that media that is ready to auto-play does not do so,
but instead starts flashing alternating pink smileys and the words
"play me! play me!".  Or something more suitable...

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.