Re: Why Design Principles?

On Jun 2, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Status of the Design Principles in this document is not binary.
> They aren't all 100% successful or 100% abject failure.  The point
> of view that states that they must be in exactly one category or the
> other is counter productive.
>
> I saw the original email on this subject as representing significant
> progress.  But, yes, you have the leeway to ignore the feedback of
> myself and others that felt that incorporating the essence of that
> email into the document itself would make that document more useful.

I intend to take into account your feedback that it's useful to
evaluate the usefulness of individual principles now that we have more
experience with them. Probably not by making the specific change you
suggested, but likely it will be conveyed in the document in some way.

Incidentally, I don't have direct feedback from anyone but you to the
effect that including the lists of more successful and less successful
principles directly would be a good idea.

Regards,
Maciej