RE: several messages

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Additionally, I given how easy it is to get unexpected results, I
> think we should strongly discourage authors from not escaping
> ampersands. And the best tool that we have for doing that is by making
> unescaped ampersands non-conformant.
>
> / Jonas

Good Luck with that Jonas.  They will never use non-conformance* as a tool
to modify author behavior, as they are completely unwilling to attach
critical fail to non-conformance, and without that, what other penalty
would you propose?  A "tsk tsk" from Henri's validator?  Ouch, that
hurts...

JF

* http://john.foliot.ca/consequences/