Re: Publishing a new draft (HTML5+RDFa)

Sam Ruby wrote:
>> This is dangerous territory. I represent Creative Commons, which pays
>> W3C dues. As of a few days ago, I'm a member of the HTML WG (after
>> having been encouraged to join by you). How does anyone get to say that
>> my vote doesn't count? Who gets to decide who votes as a block? Does the
>> WHATWG vote as a block? Probably, and probably with a lot more sway than
>> any other group.
>
> Ultimately, and in order: the chairs, the Interaction Domain Lead, and
> then the Director of the W3C.

Are you referring to my question "who gets to decide who votes as a
block?" I don't think *anyone* should get to decide. We have rules for
membership, and we should follow them. If the Director wants to override
a working group's vote, well okay that may be his prerogative, but the
public record should show the invididual votes, and the process until
then should be the same for all.

> I have stated that the WHATWG (note: WHATWG, not HTML WG) is operating
> under a CTR process.

I *was* talking about the HTML WG, and so were you when this discussion
was initially brought up:

"For better or worse, the HTML WG is operating under a CTR process."
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0063.html

That's exactly what happened with micro-data: Ian made a proposal and
immediately integrated it into the spec. That's exactly what should
happen with HTML5+RDFa.

-Ben