Re: Helping Canvas Tag Be Accessible

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> (And please don't tell me that developers are stupid. They very well
> may be, but if they are ...

I'm not crying foul, but I will ask that people be particularly polite
at the moment.  Reacting to something that Richard didn't say isn't
constructive, and this characterization is developers is mildly
troublesome and (more importantly) polarizing.  Even if developers are
smart, at times they may appreciate a bit of 'leading' and 'enabling'.

I'm being (intentionally!) oversensitive here.  There is a fundamental
difference between the way that "drinking buddies" and formal
ambassadors talk, and this difference exists for a reason.

This conversation started with what I fully presume to be a sincere
request[1].  Lets not shoot down suggestions before they are made.  At
this point, I do not presume that WHATWG and WAI-XTECH members are
drinking buddies... yet.

I am not suggesting that people need to be "politically correct" but I
do encourage Richard (and others) to state concrete use cases or
concrete proposals for APIs, and I encourage Anne (and others) to state
what criteria they will be using for evaluating such APIs.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  As I was writing this, I see that Anne has already done[2] what I
had yet to ask for.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0396.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0873.html