Re: [whatwg] New HTML5 spec GIT collaboration repository

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
>> 3. Running the Anolis post-processor on the newly modified spec.
>
> Is there any reason you use --allow-duplicate-dfns?

Legacy cruft. There was a time that I had duplicate dfns while
attempting to figure something else out. The latest commit to the master
branch has it removed - thanks :)

> Likewise, you
> probably don't want --w3c-compat (the name is slightly misleading, it
> provides compatibility with the CSS WG's CSS3 Module Postprocessor, not
> with any W3C pubrules).

Ah, I thought it was required to generate some W3C-specific HTML.
Removed as well, thanks for the pointer.

> On the whole I'd recommend running it with:
>
> --w3c-compat-xref-a-placement --parser=lxml.html --output-encoding=us-ascii

Done, those are the default flags that the HTML5 git repo uses now to
build all of the specifications.

> The latter two options require Anolis 1.1, which is just as stable as
> 1.0. I believe those options are identical to how Hixie runs it through
> PMS.

Seeing as how building Python eggs and using Mercurial is scary for some
people, would it be okay if I included the Anolis app into the HTML5 git
repository? Your license allows this, but I thought I'd ask first in
case you wanted to collaborate on it in a particular way.

I can either track updates from the mercurial anolis source repo, or
give you commit access to the HTML5 git repo so that you can continue to
modify Anolis there. Let me know which you would prefer...

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.1 Released - Browser-based P2P Commerce
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/06/29/browser-based-p2p-commerce/