RE: [whatwg] A New Way Forward for HTML5 (revised)

Sam Ruby wrote:

> > Really? This appears to be exactly the single, special status
> privilege
> > currently reserved for Ian Hickson.
>
> False.

...and yes, I stand corrected.  Although the *impression* that this is the
current status remains fairly pervasive; however I will endeavor to dispel
that myth as well.  That said, the barrier to equal entry remains high:
http://burningbird.net/node/28

(however, I will also state that Sam has offered on numerous occasions to
extend help to any that requires = balanced commentary)

> Both you and Manu have exactly the same ability as Ian does in this
> respect.  Ian has asked the group for permission to publish, and that
> was granted.  Manu has produced a document but has yet to request
> permission to publish as a Working Draft.  You are welcome to do
> likewise[2].

While I have personal reservations that this may introduce an even wider
fork of opinion, making consensus down the road even harder to achieve,
this is the die that has been cast.  I will offer what contributions I can
to both Manu and Shelly in their respective initiatives, to the best of my
ability, and will leave the WHAT WG to continue propagating what I see as
their mistakes and false assumptions as they see fit - they have clearly
signaled that not all contributions are welcome.

JF