Re: Microdata and Linked Data

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:32:52 +0200
To: Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, Tom Heath <tom.heath@gmail.com>, Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Peter Mika wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been taking a closer look at microdata. While I like the proposal
> in general, in particular the chance to unite microformat style
> annotations with some of the Semantic Web formalism (such as URIs for
> objects), there are still a number of points that I feel could be
> improved. So here are my proposals for discussion:

> The use of a URI as the value of the id attribute. It seems to me there
> is actually nothing in the spec that would stop this:

IDs like that would be very hard to use as fragment identifier...

BR, Julian