Re: Draft of @summary text for HTML 5 poll

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:36:01 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Sam,

> I'd like to request that people focus on making concrete suggestions for
> alternate wordings of the poll itself.

I don't see a question for a poll stated in this text. It is
background information but not a poll question. If the idea is to
focus on legacy @summary, perhaps something like:

<draft text>

The table summary issue is detailed in the "Mechanism to Summarize a
Table" [1] Wiki page. Suggested steps [2] to resolve this issue have
been suggested by PFWG.

As a first step in finding a solution to this issue, shall the HTML WG
restore the summary attribute to HTML5?

A "yes" response indicates a willingness to provisionally reinstate
@summary into the spec as conforming and not obsolete with discussion
pending for next steps to move forward. It does not constitute
endorsement of PFWG's next steps. It does not mean reinstating
@summary indefinitely but as an interim measure until it is agreed
that a replacement of equal or better functionality works and is in
service.

Choices:

* Yes
* No