Re: PHP code only allowed in XHTML 5?

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:48:41 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no> wrote:
> What does 'this does not work for Python' mean? That Python uses another
> embedding syntax? But the syntax is up to Python to decide and not an
> argument against those languages that consciously have chosen the PI
> syntax.

It is indicative that "solving" this for PHP does not solve the wider problem. However, I'm not at all convinced it solves the problem for PHP. Only for very basic cases.

>> and also does not work in common PHP scenarios
>> such as
>
> But since we are talking HTML and not XHTML, you could use

> and be valid.

But that's not the same.

>> et cetera.
>
> As the HTML 5 draft says: What is possible to do in the DOM vs in
> text/HTML vs XHTML etc, may differ.

I don't think the syntax of certain templating languages should be of concern to the syntax of HTML or XHTML.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/