Re: PROPOSAL: Procedure to Promote Progress With Accessibility Issues in HTML5

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> hi Sam,
>  >Yes, on summary Ian has proposed specific spec text.  To the best of
> my knowledge, he is the only one who has done so.
>
>  I proposed specific spec text at your request, some months ago.
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/SummaryForTABLE/SummarySpecification

Fair enough.

There are people in this working group that believe that neither of
these proposals meet the criteria of (Laura et. al.'s words):

   Approach issues on the basis of the shared goal of making HTML 5
   the best solution for everyone, including people with disabilities.

Or Ian's words:

   Can we get a commitment from members of the WAI to approach issues
   on the basis of the shared goal of making HTML 5 the best solution
   for everyone, including people with disabilities and people without
   disabilities?

If it turns out that the consensus of this group is that either (a) one
or both of these proposals do, in fact, meet the above goals, or (b) a
specific and limited exception is warranted in this one particular case,
then I am fine with that.

> regards
> stevef

- Sam Ruby