Re: comments on draft-barth-mime-sniffing

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> What should canPlayType() say for application/octet-stream? "maybe"? I can
> define application/octet-stream as never being "a type that the user agent
> knows it cannot render", which would give this behaviour and would mean
> that user agents have to sniff.

If it's defined as a type that we never know if we cannot render we
can still choose not to render it and therefore don't have to sniff,
for those user agents that choose not to implement sniffing of media
types, right?

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz