Re: PF Response: @Summary

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Joshue O Connor<joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie> wrote:
> Just for the record, please note that the contents of the @summary were
> written by a client and not by Gez himself. So this example doesn't
> represent best practice of the use of @summary.

That said, this was a client who cared enough to

(a)  Write an appropriate summary at all
(b)  Hire Gez, instead of a generic HTML resource
(c)  Do user testing (If I Recall Correctly)

I therefore think this is still about the best that we could expect
from institutional sites -- even those under legal mandates.  So if
there is an algorithm that can do better, it makes sense to specify
that instead.

(Then there are other questions -- should that automated result be
placed in the @summary attribute, or something else?  Should it
override existing @summary, which may or may not be a human-written
good example?)

-jJ