Re: How to make complex data tables more accessible to screen-reader users

At 11:14 AM 7/5/2009 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:

>(Murray asked me to start a new thread about this today, outlining my
>thoughts. Hopefully this will help.)

Ian, thank you very much for pulling together your thoughts on this topic.
With this posting, I feel that you have met your own standard for
describing an issue clearly. Like Sam, I observe that the WG has diverse
opinions on this issue, but I now feel that you have stated your case
clearly and without ambiguity. I am quite happy to see responses by
Lachlan, Shelley and Sam.

Recent discussions involving mostly myself, Ian, David Singer, Lachlan and
Shelley have helped us get to the point where Ian has been able to gather
his thoughts, giving due consideration to all the input that he has seen,
to produce what I consider to be a helpful and thoughtful exposition of his
views on the issue. I'm sorry that it took up so much time and bandwidth,
but I think that we have made some good progress here, even if we are still
some distance from a consensus view.

Regards,

Murray