Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > Further to this topic, I wonder why Vorbis was not able to qualify for
> > the <audio> tag as a baseline codec.
>
> If anyone can get Apple to implement it, I'd be more than happy to update
> the spec to mention that as the common audio codec.

Has Apple actually declined to support it? Is your knowledge of Apple's
position based on public or private feedback? Maciej's not aware of a stated
position:
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090703#l-371

On a related note, can you identify whether Apple is one of the vendors who
you deem is refusing to support Theora? Maciej, at least, thinks it's OK to
say so.
http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20090703#l-354

Rob
53:5-6]