Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

At 11:30 PM 1/29/2009 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> >
> > I'm not asking for listing 40 attributes but for adding just one link
> > that will point to section defining these 40 global attributes. So every
> > reader will easily find that element XYZ has those 5 element specific
> > attributes and also shares other global attributes.
>
>So you are asking for a link saying "Common attributes" linking to:
>
>    http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#global-attributes
>
>...to be added to every element's definition?
>
>I've so far tried to avoid redundant links like that.
>
>Isn't it self-explanatory that the attributes that apply to every element
>also apply to each element listed in the spec...?

It may be deducible, but that is not enough. A link would be helpful.

That the common attributes are common to every element is a summary
of the facts. The facts themselves should be evident. Eschew obfuscation.
It is possible to go too far in the cause of eschewing redundancy.