Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>
> Such index would be very useful, indeed. But I was thinking about adding
> links to global attributes to every element definition so it is clear
> from the first sight that those attributes are available there.

There's something on the order of 40 or more attributes that apply to
every element; listing them explicitly for each element seems like a lot
of redundant text. (There's even more if you start counting common APIs.)

> It would be also useful to have more explicit content model presented
> there. Yeah, this sounds like HTML5 markup-spec.

More explicit than what? I don't understand what you mean here. Do you
mean having non-normative formalisms as well as the exhaustive normative
text we have now?