Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

On Jan 29, 2009, at 17:59 , Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On the other hand, no one has replied to the "it's not clear what
> the reasoning behind having this first draft be normative is, so it
> sounds like there are ulterior motives that are not being disclosed"
> questions that were raised...  Those questions were basically trying
> to tiptoe about the above characterization of the situation, as far
> as I can tell.

In the spirit of tiptoeing around the situation some more, I'd like to
point out that Working Drafts are NEVER normative. Only
Recommendations are.

I understand the arguments for sync and I understand the arguments for
splits. But there's no reason we have to decide now. Since this WG is
populated with people who have enough time on their hands to discuss
issues of little relevance to the actual technologies, paying
attention to an extra document shouldn't tax anyone's resources. So
push the draft out and see how things go. No kitten will be harmed.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/