Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> And may be the spec doesn't need to be optimised for HTML guide authors
> either. They can treat HTML 5 as a black box too, and just read HTML 4
> etc for the things that are obviously lacking in HTML 5. And in general.
> Authors can dig.

As the editor of an HTML 5 authoring guide, I'm largely satisfied with
the content of the spec, and the direction in which it is moving, and am
confident of being able to distil the relevant information from the spec
into the guide.  I see no need at all to refer to HTML4 for more
information.

However, I will admit that the spec is far from perfect.  There are
certainly a number of issues relating to the clarity of some element and
attribute descriptions, and I'm sure I'll find more as I make further
progress with the guide.  But I haven't come across any major show
stopper that cannot or will not be resolved in due course.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/