Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:53:51 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
wrote:
> What you say implies that those two pages must always be 100% in line
> with the rest of the spec - as a mirror, at each and every moment. Which
> would be nice of course if they were. But in fact, it is enough that
> they are 100% correct and updated only when the document is supposed to
> be ready ... at Last Call or something.

What I'm saying is that those things take time to write and maintain.

> Also, we do not need to consider those two pages only "reference" - they
> can be considered part of the spec. And as such, the could function also
> as a map of where we are headerd.
>
> Anyway, taking the name attribute of the anchor element: clicking the
> link of for that attribute inside the attributes page could  - until
> that section was written - lead to a placeholder  of some sort.

But there will be no section on the name attribute for the a element. It
is gone.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>