Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> If I ask a simple question, like:
>>
>>    what does the name attribute on the "a" (anchor) element mean?
>
> The answer to this question is "nothing, this element is non-compliant in
> HTML5". In fact, that's exactly the answer you found, it seems.

Just small side note. I think it would help if each element will contain
not only list of "Element-specific attributes" but also list or link to
global attributes available on all elements. The current editorial style
prevents using spec as a reference guide -- and in fact that way Roy
will quickly find that name attribute is not present on <a> in HTML5.

			Jirka