Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

Murray Maloney wrote:

 > Having to keep two documents synchronously correct is certainly
 > going to require some QA effort, but that will also yield a quality
 > product.

I cannot fault the logic of that statement.  Whether two
(or more) normative documents describing the same aspect
of the same specification is a desirable situation is moot,
but if it were a choice between that and not having a
normative document that specifies the markup language
at all (other than as a part of a much larger document
that attempts to cover all aspects of the specification),
then I would come down in favour of redundancy rather than
the alternative.

Philip TAYLOR