Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:19:06 +0000
To: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Murray Maloney wrote:

 > Having to keep two documents synchronously correct is certainly
 > going to require some QA effort, but that will also yield a quality
 > product.

I cannot fault the logic of that statement.  Whether two
(or more) normative documents describing the same aspect
of the same specification is a desirable situation is moot,
but if it were a choice between that and not having a
normative document that specifies the markup language
at all (other than as a part of a much larger document
that attempts to cover all aspects of the specification),
then I would come down in favour of redundancy rather than
the alternative.

Philip TAYLOR