Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:06:27 +0000
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> But if there are multiple documents that separately normatively specify
> the same thing, then it is equally possible that they disagree and
> therefore at least one of the two is wrong. If one reference is
> normative and the other is not, then it is at least clear which is
> authoritative when they disagree.

I agree.  Thus I would expect something similar to
Mike's document to be normative for markup, and
informative where it make reference to other aspects
of "A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML".
And I would expect other documents to be similarly
divided : normative for the single topic that they
specifically address, informative for topics that the
author finds it necessary to cross-reference.

Philip TAYLOR