Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:18:06 +0000
To: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
CC: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

James Graham wrote:

 > [...] I guess a more accurate statement rephrasing of Hixie's
 > statement would be "The overwhelming majority of Web designers and
 > Webmasters aren't asking for a normative specification with lines

"aren't asking" is a truism, because "[t]he overwhelming
majority of Web designers and Webmaster" are not members
of the WG, and therefore are not in a position to ask.
What matters, however, is not whether they /are/ asking,
but whether they /would/ ask, given the opportunity.
I suspect that many, perhaps even most, would : why would
a professional webmaster /not/ care enough to want precise,
definitive, documentation ?

Philip TAYLOR