Re: Moratorium on the spec-splitting discussion

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 03:16:36 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Speaking in my official position as one of the current co-chairs for the
> group, and after consultation with Chris Wilson, we would like to now
> reduce the scope this moratorium to only apply to the public-html mailing
> list.  Which means that effective immediately, those that wish to continue
> this discussion are welcome to do so on www-archive@w3.org.

Since when did the moratorium ever extend beyond the HTML WG's mailing
lists?  AIUI, this group doesn't have any control over www-archive, or
any other forums or mailing lists outside of the public-html-* set, and
people always remained free to discuss any issue outside of the group.
So what does it mean to lift a moratorium from a mailing list where it
could never have been applied in the first place?

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/