Re: Registering the about: URI scheme

Joseph A Holsten wrote:

> I've posted the merged version of Lachlan and my drafts here:
>     http://josephholsten.com/about-uri-scheme/draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme.txt
>
> with inline comments and editing marks in html here:
>     http://josephholsten.com/about-uri-scheme/draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme.html
>
> and source control here:
>     http://github.com/josephholsten/about-uri-scheme/
>
> My changes mostly amount to adding the required IANA and Security
> Considerations sections.

Nits:

- replace <organization>: N/A by an empty string

- on the front page, note where feedback should go (IMHO the best place
would be the IETF uri-review mailing list)

- in the introduction, I'd remove the positioning vs URN: and TAG:, it's
kind of subjective, and is not needed here

- "abouturi = "about:" segment" - restricting to segment sounds good,
but does this reflect reality?

- "About URIs are always escaped, as per [RFC3986]" - that's kind of
misleading; either remove it, or clarify what you mean by that.

- "Acknowledgements" - move them behind IANA and Security Considerations

Best regards, Julian