Re: Who is the Intended Audience of the Markup Spec Proposal?

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/markup-spec/#audience
>
> Thanks.
>
> With this, I am happy to publish this working draft as a WD.

Just so there is no confusion, would it be fair to say that you would
have no problem with the chairs interpreting that as supporting a First
Public Working Draft, in accordance to the following definition?

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd

> However, I
> think it needs the following changes before progressing past WD:
>
>   - How to parse documents that are written using the syntax defined in
>     that document (needed for tools intended to conform to the
>     specification, since otherwise there's no way to know what the tools
>     are supposed to do).
>
>   - The DOM APIs and implementation rules for those APIs, since producers
>     of documents using the features in this specification need those APIs
>     to fully use those features.
>
>   - Definition of the event model and task queue model for
>     implementations, since that will be needed to define the APIs
>     mentioned.
>
>   - The Window object, browsing contexts, and its related APIs, since that
>     will be needed to define the APIs mentioned.
>
> As it stands, the document is not appropriate for its intended audience.

Would tracking these as issues suffice?

- Sam Ruby