Re: Registering the about: URI scheme

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:40:59 -0500
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I note that in Firefox and Opera (the two browsers I have available at
> the moment) both don’t return an empty resource, but a text/html
> resource that has some content, but not much.
> Does this matter?

In a browser, the result of loading about:blank must certainly be a
Document object which allows document.write() to be called on it.

I'd bet money that not having a document.body would also break web pages.

And of course it needs to not render anything...

Is Opera's about:blank actually in standards mode?

-Boris