Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat (leaking into ISSUE-4 (html-versioning))

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:36:32 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: Philip TAYLOR <chaa006@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Dan, I appreciate your trying to keep threads
separate, but a discussion on DOCTYPEs that
ignores the issue of versioning is (IMHO)
simply too insular and too parochial.  In
all versions of HTML to date, the two have
been inextricably interlinked.  There cannot
be consensus on "about:sgml-compat" unless
there is already consensus on the need for
versioning.

Philip TAYLOR
--------