Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal

On Jan 20, 2009, at 00:45, Sam Ruby wrote:

> As described above, Origin either belongs in the IETF or W3C: pick
> one.

I disagree with this. As I pointed out in the email starting this
thread, there are necessary integration points between things
specified in HTML5 and between the specification of the header.

It would be quite reasonable for an IETF spec to specify the format of
the header and the server side processing and for HTML5 to specify
when to send it and with which origin to serialize in which case.

Maciej already covered the general migration issue.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi