Re: cloneNode() and script execution

On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote:

>> If you change the *src* attribute on a script node, should the new
>> script be executed. *Yes - otherwise, why bother?
>
> Not current practise according to my tests (except for Safari which
> happily re-executes many more scripts than the rest of us - perhaps
> Safari just didn't come across those compat problems yet? Pure
> luck? ;-) )

We haven't run into issues with this as far as I know but I am willing
to believe they exist, and we are not wedded to the current behavior.

One thing I am curious about is what exactly the Trident behavior is
here, since apparently Gecko's behavior is an attempt to partly
emulate it.

Regards,
Maciej