Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:23:09 -0500
To: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Phillip Taylor wrote on 01/16/2009 10:37:11 AM:

>  > > Excellent!  Is this something everybody can live with?  If not,
please
>  > > speak up.
>
> Sam, it seems a little early to be moving towards a guillotine motion;
> some of us have only just seen the start of (this iteration of)
> the discussion, and probably won't be in a position to offer a firm
> opinion until they've had reasonable time to (re-)consider the
> options.  Could I respectfully suggest that there be no attempt
> to summarise before (say) 23:59 on Monday next ?

Sorry, I was unclear.  I was not intending to provide a "guillotine
motion" (nice description, quite apt, and not one that I was previously
familiar with).

Instead, my words were meant to convey the notion of "where previously I
had listed four options, I now recognize that there are five..."

> Philip TAYLOR

- Sam Ruby