Re: R2866 : better talk about "CSS display" instead of "CSS tables"

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:33:30 +0900, Olivier GENDRIN
> <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looking at r2866 [1], I note the sentence "primarily using CSS
>> positioning and CSS tables." I think that it would be less confusing
>> to talk about CSS display instead of CSS tables (and more accurate
>> from a CSS spec point of view [2][3]).
>>
>> [1] http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=2865&to=2866
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#display-prop
>> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#positioning-scheme
>
> CSS tables will likely be a separate CSS module in due course. It's also how
> people all over the place refer to it so for a non-normative note it makes
> perfect sense to me.

Many thanks Anne, I missed that point [1].

But from a pedagogical point of view, wouldn't it be better to have a
broader encouragement on display instead of 'just' table display ?
(not sure that my sentence makes sense in English)

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work#tables

--
Olivier G.
http://twitter.com/lespacedunmatin