Re: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types

Hi Ian,

On Feb 17, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Larry Masinter wrote:
>>

>> The existence of legacy table@summary attributes seems to have little
>> weight in the discussion, so the fact that there might be scripts
>> which
>> would execute differently in HTML1 vs. XHTML2 or XHTML5 would need
>> to be
>> evaluated using only the same criteria.
>
> In fact, the main argument against keeping <table summary=""> is that
> legacy content has abused it so badly that it is unusable. So the
> argument
> is effectively the same one here.

You keep repeating things like this while providing the flimsiest of
evidence. Why don't you just say that you don't have any use for the
summary attribute on your blog, and we'd all understand better what
you're trying to say.

Take care,
Rob