Re: priority based loading of web page elements

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:51:33 +0100, raghu bharat
<raghubharat.065@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have an interesting idea  on implementing the priority based loading
> of web page elements on a website.For example let us take a normal google
> search page.Every element in the webpage don't have equal
> priority.Assuming
> slow/normal internet connection and for normal use the end user will feel
> useful if the search box element in the middle loads first.The user is
> not worried about the logo and other elements on the webpage.

In your example, the logo is the only element that needs an external
resource. For all the rest, the order in which they are loaded is strictly
defined by the markup. Because markup is a sequential stream, the only way
to process it is from start to end.

Or are you proposing reordering elements in the markup so that the most
important parts of the page come first?

--
Alexey Feldgendler <alexeyf@opera.com>
Software Developer, Desktop Platform/Delivery Team, Opera Software ASA