Re: publication decision [was: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status]

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:31:09 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org, janina@rednote.net

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Is this somehow insufficiently explicit?
>
> "Minutes ... should be sent to public-html-wg-announce within a day or
> two."
>  -- http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#telcon

I re-read the page after sending my message, and
did indeed see the text to which you refer.  However,
it is mentioned solely in the context of telephone
meetings and teleconferences, so unless one is in
the habit of participating in either of these, one
is unlikely to think to subscribe to the list.

But surely more importantly, an announcement such
as this should, at the very least, have been copied
to the "public-html" list.  The use of multiple lists
reminds one more of "divide and conquer" than it does
of democracy and open debate.

> The subscription list for public-html-wg-announce
> the same as for public-html, and both of them
> include P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk .

Well, I have used SeaMonkey's "Subject or sender contains"
filter to search for all mail from "-announce" and find four
messages, none of which originate from public-html-wg-announce.

But thank you for taking the trouble to check the
list membership; I appreciate that.  I would be
interested to learn to where the messages are, in
fact, going ...

Philip TAYLOR