Re: head@profile: another dropped attribute

At 04:06 PM 2/5/2009 +0000, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:
You (if you are sighted) can draw inferences from
>a stretch of text being differently coloured; someone
>who cannot see the text, and whose UA/AT does nothing
>special with the combination <font color="...> is
>denied even the possibility of drawing a meaningful
>inference.

Yes, I understand that very well. However, your UA could easily
advise you that the text is colorized. And my inferences would
get me no closer to the truth than yours under those circumstances.
Frankly, the inference that I would draw from colored text is:
"The author intended to emphasize the text for some reason and
lacked the sophistication to do so in a way that conveys meaning."

I am not arguing in favor of <font>. I am simply pointing out that
your argument that the visually impaired are harmed disproportionately
is not quite the case.