Re: simple shorthand syntax proposal

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:32:16 +0100
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Also sprach Lachlan Hunt:

 > So as to avoid needlessly repeating previous arguments on the matter, I
 > suggest people review this thread on the whatwg list discussing a
 > similar proposal from November/December 2006.

And to summarize that discussion: some people think the proposal goes
against the requirement for backwards compatibility, other think it's
too late to introduce it, and some think the syntax is so compelling
that the costs could be worth it.

I'm in the last category, but -- after reading the discussion -- it
seems that consensus will be out of reach for now. Let's keep it in
mind for HTML6.

-h&kon