Re: [html-author] Updates to the HTML Reference

Lachlan Hunt 2009-02-04 10.59:
> Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Lachlan Hunt  at Tue, 03 Feb 2009 02:52:06 +0100:
>>>
>>> That title was too long, so I'd rather not.  I may consider using HTML 5
>>> Guide, though not until we are at least sure we have a common
>>> understanding of the two types of documents.
>>
>> According to Wikipedia[1] a reference is:
>>
>> "... a previously published written work within academic publishing
>> which has been used as a source for theory or claims referred to which
>> are used in the text."
>
> That's an entirely different type of reference.  I'm using it in the
> language reference sense.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language_reference

That Wikipedia article points to two such references "in the
wild", nameley "Ada 2005 Language Reference **Manual**" and
"Python Language Reference **Manual**".

So, what that article talks about really isn't "Language
References", but "Reference Manuals". Also see "Annotated
Reference Manual", which links to the same article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annotated_Reference_Manual

Of course, if you had said "reference manual", then it would have
been much clearer what kind of reference you are aiming at.

May I suggest "The HTML 5 author's reference manual"?
--
leif halvard silli