Re: Spec license

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:40:43 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I should also note that WebKit uses LGPL v2.1, not v3, and Mozilla uses
> v2.1 "or any higher version".

I'm not sure whether you intended to contrast these two, but I see the
following text "version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version." on the following page:

http://webkit.org/coding/lgpl-license.html

I'm not sure it really matters, but is there any way you can confirm
whether WebKit is intended to be v2.1 *only* or v2.1 or later?

> We could ask for an expert opinion.

I'm already in contact with the FSF and SFLC.  Will report back when I
hear something definitive.

- Sam Ruby