Re: Rendering feedback

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:52:38 +0100
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> The rendering section should say that when scripting is enabled, noscript
> should be hidden (we have bugs saying that this should be with !important --
> some pages want to have <noscript> be display:block when scripting is
> disabled but leave it hidden when it's enabled, or something).

Event if noscript is a block element [1] in HTML 4.01, I think that we
should spec display: compact or run-in, because the noscript tag could
be used in an inline or bloc environment (I never used these values of
display, so I can't tell which one would be the best one).

[1] http://www.la-grange.net/w3c/html4.01/sgml/dtd.html#block

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/