Re: Spec license

Le 3 févr. 2009 à 10:10, James Graham a écrit :
> I should be able to copy sections of the spec text into the source
> code or testcases and license the whole under an MIT license (I
> don't recall how often we actually do this in html5lib but I
> certainly would like to do so more often in the future).

I have difficulties to understand why it is not possible with the
current W3C Document License. What you are doing is not a derivative
work nor a full copy of the document, but just quotations of it, which
is already authorized by the document license.

Maybe we should first identify what are the use cases and see if the
set of licenses, we have from W3C Document Licenses to others, covers
or not the use cases.

So far I see

* Publishing the full or parts of a specification in a book to be sold.
* Include prose of the specification in software from proprietary to
complete open source

Something else?

--
Karl Dubost