Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>
> > Yeah, that's an open issue. If you look in the source of the document
> > you'll see I have an XXX marker about listing all the elements for
> > each category right there next to the definition of the category. I
> > expect I'll do that along with the index section later this year.
>
> Then please make those markers and editorial comments visible as it is
> usual in other WDs of other WGs. This will prevent many comments from
> nit-pickers like me ;-)

There are literally hundreds of them, many of which are just notes to me
that I need to fix something minor thing (like the category markers here).
I don't think it'd be useful to expose them all all the time.

Note by the way that if you use the WHATWG version of the spec you can
click on the defining instances of the category names to get a list of
sections that reference that category, which is one way to get a list of
the elements in those categories.