scribe volunteers?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:38:23 -0600
To: public-html@w3.org

Thanks for taking notes last week, Lachlan.

Mike and I might have given the impression that it's
our job to finish up and send out the teleconference
minutes every week, but that's not necessarily the case;
I'm sure anyone in the WG can learn to produce
acceptable minutes.

The traditional tools and techniques are
documented in
  scribe 101

I just linked that from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#telcon

It concludes with "Once the record has been approved by the
Group, send a text version of the record to the Group list."
but I don't think our group is interested in any formal
minutes approval ritual; Sam an I are happy for scribes to send
directly to public-html-wg-announce@w3.org .

<DanC> in some groups, the chair checks the minutes every week. I doubt
we want to do that.
<DanC> So my preference is that the scribe is the only person in the
critical path for getting the minutes out
<rubys1> no objections here

So I added a checkbox to the survey:

  HTML WG tasks

(I also extended the duration for another year)

If you're willing to serve as scribe once in a while,
please check the "serve as scribe for teleconferences" box.

If we have half a dozen or a dozen people willing to
do this, that should work fine.

Otherwise, I'll probably change the group norms to
just let raw IRC logs serve as minutes or something.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E